Warning: You are not logged in.
Your IP address will be recorded in this page's edit history.
* ID: [[id::birnlex_106]]
* Externally Sourced Definition: [[externallySourcedDefinition::Type: Inbred Strain Type: Segregating Inbred TJL Mating System: Sibling x Sibling (Female x Male) Species: laboratory mouse H2 Haplotype: b Generation: F64 (14-DEC-06) Appearance white-bellied agouti Related Genotype: Aw/Aw Important Note This strain is homozygous for Gnat2cpfl3 cone photoreceptor function loss 3 which affects bright light (photopic) vision. Strain Description Historically the 129 inbred mice are known for the high incidence of spontaneous testicular teratomas though the incidence differs between substrains.(1-3% in 129 parental substrains; 30% in teratoma substrains.) More recently 129 mice are widely used in the production of targeted mutations due to the availability of multiple embryonic stem cell lines derived from them. There is major genetic variation within the 129 'family' which has led to an update of the nomenclature and a division of the substrains into three major groups: parental substrains (129P) steel substrains (129S) and 'teratoma' substrains (129T). Investigators using 129 substrains for targeted mutagenesis should be careful in the selection of the appropriate 129 substrain to match the embryonic stem cell line. For a complete history of the numerous 129 substrains see Simpson et al. 1997. In response to challenge 129S1/SvImJ mice develop immune-mediated nephritis characterized by proteinuria glomerulonephritis and tubulointerstitial disease (Xie et al. 2004). Strain Development 129S1/SvImJ was developed to serve as a control inbred strain for many of the steel-derived ES cell lines (e.g. W9.5 and CJ7). SSLP marker analysis indicates that 129S1/SvImJ is identical to 129S1/Sv +p +Tyr-c KitlSl-J/+ except for the region surrounding the Kitl gene on Chr 10. 129S1/SvImJ was derived from 129S1/Sv-+p +Tyr-c KitlSl-J/+ (Stock No. 000090). The steel-Jackson mutation (KitlSl-J formerly MgfSl-J) is segregating in Stock No. 000090. KitlSl-J was removed in 1995 at F26 by selective breeding to produce 129/Sv-+p +Tyr-c +Kitl-SlJ (Stock No. 002448 see Simpson et al. 1997). This name was later shortened to simply 129/SvImJ. Subsequently designated 129S3/SvImJ (Festing et al. 1999) this strain was renamed 129S1/SvImJ in February 2001 to emphasize its relationship to Stock No. 000090.]]
* Definition Citation: [[definingCitation::Beck J.A. et al. Genealogies of mouse inbred strains (2000) Nature Jan2000 v24 p23]]
* Abbreviation: [[abbrev::129]]
* Abbreviation Source: [[abbrevSource::http://purl.org/nbirn/birnlex/ontology/annotation/BIRNLex_annotation_properties.owl#MGI]]
* Modified Date: [[modifiedDate::2007-08-23]]
* Curation Status: [[curationStatus::http://purl.org/nbirn/birnlex/ontology/annotation/BIRNLex_annotation_properties.owl#pending_final_vetting]]
This is a minor edit
Watch this page