Revision as of 04:14, 20 April 2011 by Bandrow
Release notes, version 1.0
- New toolbar across the top of all pages allows quick access to summary lists such as all neurons and all brain regions.
- List of all vertebrate neurons available (filtering out non vertebrate neurons)
- Scalable brain atlas integration -- on pages referencing brain regions from the Paxinos primate atlas (e.g. Category:Hippocampus of PHT00), you can see thumbnails of the brain region. Clicking on the thumbnail will take you to the Scalable Brain Atlas interface.
- Loading of the Petilla form is much faster and autocomplete works (though the completion itself is somewhat slower)
- Category pages can be renamed easily! (check out "move" under the "more:" menu)
- Rather than doing a trivial edit and save to refresh the contents of a page, there is now a "refresh" button on the toolbar.
- The factbox is back (fourth tab)
- Properties specific to the Petilla form or the PONS brain region form all appear together in the "basic" tab, rather than beneath it, separated by the "query for more information" section.
- New page review system
- Uses a review system that mediawiki is employing on its own sites for quality control
- Each page that has not been officially reviewed gets a flag in the upper left hand corner saying "Current revision (unreviewed)"
- When a user that is blessed as a "reviewer" views the page, it is marked as "in review"
- A "reviewer" user can rate the quality of the page. Once this is done, the page is marked as "stable", and the flag is removed
- If a new edit is made to a stable page, the "Current revision (unreviewed)" flag goes back on
- All unreviewed pages show up on a list
- New system for references
- Each property has its own box for a pubmed id.
- Pubmed ids can be turned into pages in the wiki
- These pages can then be linked to any property in the form via new "PMIDS" properties
- When these are populated, links to the info show up in the "references" section at the bottom of the page.
- The RDF content of the entire site is exposed as Linked Data at rdf.neurolex.org
- RDF content of the entire site is available from the new NeuroLex SPARQL endpoint
*Note: Neurolex imports many terms and their ids from existing community ontologies, e.g., the Gene Ontology. Neurolex, however, is a dynamic site and any content beyond the identifier should not be presumed to reflect the content or views of the source ontology. Users should consult with the authoritative source for each ontology for current information.