Based in Washington, D.C., the American Ps … Based in Washington, D.C., the American Psychological Association (APA) is a scientific and professional organization that represents psychology in the United States. With more than 154,000 members, APA is the largest association of psychologists worldwide. The mission of the APA is to advance the creation, communication and application of psychological knowledge to benefit society and improve people’s lives.
The American Psychological Association aspires to excel as a valuable, effective and influential organization advancing psychology as a science, serving as:
* A uniting force for the discipline
* The major catalyst for the stimulation, growth and dissemination of psychological science and practice
* The primary resource for all psychologists
* The premier innovator in the education, development, and training of psychological scientists, practitioners and educators
* The leading advocate for psychological knowledge and practice informing policy makers and the public to improve public policy and daily living
* A principal leader and global partner promoting psychological knowledge and methods to facilitate the resolution of personal, societal and global challenges in diverse, multicultural and international contexts
* An effective champion of the application of psychology to promote human rights, health, well being and dignity
APA and its affiliate organizations provide a diverse range of scholarships, grants, and awards with the aim of advancing research in psychology. Using our specialized search tool, you can find funding by type, sponsor, topic area, recipient type, and deadline date. c area, recipient type, and deadline date.