One of the nation's oldest private medical … One of the nation's oldest private medical schools, prides itself in offering an intimate, collegial environment which fosters humane values and genuine learning. The institution was founded in 1839 with an initial enrollment of 57 students. Despite the many changes and developments which have occurred over the years, the College still maintains a policy of limiting enrollment to a small group of carefully selected students.
Albany Medical Center is a private corporation formed in 1982 which administratively links Albany Medical College and Albany Medical Center Hospital. The Center consolidates planning, financial, fund raising and policy direction for the College and Hospital, assuring that the two institutions pursue appropriately integrated and reinforced missions in health care, education and biomedical research.
The Medical Center is Albany's largest non-governmental employer with approximately 7,000 employees. The Center is at the hub of a health care network that includes 50 hospitals and more than 4,300 physicians in its 25-county service region.
As an academic health sciences center, Albany Medical Center has a mission of providing excellence in medical education, biomedical research, and patient care. Albany Medical Center has a responsibility to:
* Educate medical students, physicians, biomedical students, and other health care professionals from demographically diverse backgrounds in order to meet the future primary and specialty health care needs of the region and nation;
* Foster biomedical research that leads to scientific advances and the improvement of the health of the public; and
* Provide a broad range of patient services to the people of eastern New York and western New England, including illness-prevention programs, comprehensive care, and the highly complex care associated with academic medical centers.
The mission will be achieved through commitment to the values of Quality, Excellence, Service, Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, and Fiscal Responsibility.
Graduate Studies Program Research Centers:
Cell Biology and Cancer Research
Immunology and Microbial Disease
Neuroscience and Neuropharmacology
Graduate Studies Program Clinical Centers:
Undergraduate Medical Education
Integration of basic and clinical science to support a problem-solving approach to learning
Graduate Medical Education Residencies
* Emergency Medicine
* Family Medicine
* General Surgery
* Internal Medicine
* Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences
* Orthopaedic Surgery
* Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
* Plastic Surgery
* Urological Surgery
Graduate Medical Education Fellowships
* Cardiothoracic Surgery
* Interventional Cardiology
* Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine
* Vascular and Interventional Radiology
* Vascular Neurology
* Vascular Surgery gy
* Vascular Neurology
* Vascular Surgery
Organization portal +,
Medical school program resource +,
Graduate program resource +,
Undergraduate program resource +,
Continuing medical education +
Biomedical research +,
Patient care +
Albany Medical College; Albany; New York +
|Modification dateThis property is a special property in this wiki.
2 April 2011 01:37:43 +
2 April 2011 +
Albany Medical College; New York; USA +