NINDS, NINDCS +
National institute whose mission is to red … National institute whose mission is to reduce the burden of neurological disease - a burden borne by every age group, by every segment of society, by people all over the world. To accomplish this goal the NINDS supports and conducts basic, translational, and clinical research on the normal and diseased nervous system. The Institute also fosters the training of investigators in the basic and clinical neurosciences, and seeks better understanding, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of neurological disorders.
* Conducts, fosters, coordinates, and guides research on the causes, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of neurological disorders and stroke, and supports basic research in related scientific areas.
* Provides grants-in-aid to public and private institutions and individuals in fields related to its areas of interest, including research project, program project, and research center grants.
* Operates a program of contracts for the funding of research and research support efforts in selected areas of institute need.
* Provides individual and institutional fellowships to increase scientific expertise in neurological fields.
* Conducts a diversified program of intramural and collaborative research in its own laboratories, branches, and clinics.
* Collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. rmation related to neurological disorders.
|Is part of
National Institutes of Health +,
Resource:NIH Blueprint for Neuroscience Research +
Central nervous system +,
Neural stem cell +,
Paralysis agitans +,
Parkinsons disease +,
Seizure disorder +,
Traumatic brain injury +,
One Mind TBI Resource +,
Brain disorder +,
Nervous system disorder +,
Clinical research +,
Basic research +,
Neurological disorder +,
Neurological disease +,
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke +
|Modification dateThis property is a special property in this wiki.
2 February 2015 02:52:09 +
2 February 2015 +
Government granting agency +
National Institute of Neurological and Communicative Disorders and Stroke +,
National Institute of Neurological Disorders Stroke +,
National Institute of Neurological Communicative Disorders Stroke +
Government granting agency
Resource:Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale +,
Resource:Interactive Fly +,
Resource:NINDS Common Data Elements +,
Resource:NINDS Disorder Index +,
Resource:Parkinsons Disease Biomarkers Program +
||Is part of
Resource:BAMS Cells +,
Resource:BAMS Nested Regions +,
Resource:BMAP - Brain Molecular Anatomy Project +,
Resource:BMAP cDNA Resources +,
Resource:Brain Architecture Management System +,
Resource:Brain Gene Expression Map +,
Resource:Brain Research Institute Biobank Resources +,
Resource:Brain atlas of the common marmoset +,
Resource:CHARTER: CNS HIV Antiretroviral Therapy Effects Research +,
Resource:CKID A Prospective Cohort Study of Kidney Disease in Children +,
Resource:Cell Properties Database +,
Resource:Center for Inherited Disease Research +,
Resource:Cognitive and Emotional Health Project: The Healthy Brain +,
Resource:Computational Neuroanatomy Group +,
Resource:Diffusion MRI of Traumatic Brain Injury +,
Resource:Duke - University of North Carolina: Brain Imaging and Analysis Center +,
*Note: Neurolex imports many terms and their ids from existing community ontologies, e.g., the Gene Ontology. Neurolex, however, is a dynamic site and any content beyond the identifier should not be presumed to reflect the content or views of the source ontology. Users should consult with the authoritative source for each ontology for current information.